Mixed Signals book review

 


Last week I reviewed In the Weeds so of course this week it has to be Mixed Signals. I genuinely love this series so much, and cannot wait for the last book even if it does mean I won't have any more to read.


Mixed Signals is the third book in the Lovelight Farms series by B.K. Borison and this time we follow Layla who is the third partner at Lovelight Farms who owns and runs the Bakehouse and Caleb who used to be the deputy but was fired for being too nice. Layla never seems to find the right guys and Caleb can never get past the first date so they decided to do a month of fake dates to see what each can do better. 


We get both Layla and Caleb’s POVs during the story which I always love in a romance book so we can see how it develops and who falls first, which is not new to the series and something that has made me love all the characters. 


It was really nice to get to know Layla more after reading about both Beckett and Stella as well as seeing glimpses of her but not getting to know her, which I enjoyed rectifying in this book. It is great to see how much she cares about the people around her and everything that she does. Her bakes made me so hungry and I would love to be able to actually try them and visit her bakery, the farm would be an additional bonus too. 


We don’t see loads of Caleb in the first two books but we do know who is so it was nice to see him in a bit more in-depth way. He is such a kind person who like Layla cares so much which leads to them being perfectly suited to each other. Since leaving the police force he has become a teacher at the local high school and even if his students drive him up the wall you can see how much he does care about them which I loved. He also supports Layla so much and in a way that I love, he’s there when she needs someone in just the way she needs and that her friends just don’t have quite the capability to do. 


I also liked seeing glimpses of our previous characters as their stories continue to evolve and how that feeds into their epilogues or bonus chapters. It is amazing to see the timeline continue to evolve and it’ll be a shame when book 4 comes out and we no longer get to see these things continue. 


I loved how the romance evolved from helping each other out to them both falling and it was just great to read. The dates themselves were fun, and sometimes a bit amusing. Caleb and Layla fit together perfectly as I previously mentioned and it was great to see them both find someone who did fit them and gave them their happily ever after. 


It feels odd to call this a least favourite book because of how much I enjoyed it but when compared to In the Weeds and Lovelight Farms I didn’t quite love it as much even saying that though I loved the read and could not get enough of it. An easy 4.5 stars and I cannot wait to read Business Casual because I think that will end up another 5 stars and hopefully end the series perfectly.


Comments

My Most Read Reviews

As Good As Dead short review

The Gossip Games book review

Fire by Kristen Cashore Book Review