The Eternal Ones book review

 


I may be posting this a month after I promised I would on my bookstagram but better late than never. If you want to see more of my immediate thoughts on this conclusion to a series I have been reading for years my booksta post is here

The Eternal Ones is the final book in the YA fantasy Deathless series by Namina Forna which follows Deka as she discovers more about the world and who she is. We follow on quickly after The Merciless Ones ended with no major plot points happening in between. As with the previous two books, there are many content warnings that come with the story, it doesn’t have any new strong ones so if you have read and been fine with the previous two you should be fine but if you are new to the series then I would recommend checking them out. 

Throughout the books we continue to follow Deka’s POV which works really well for the story as we discover so much and being in Deka’s head means we are kept in the know nd see how things and discoveries unravel.
 
Since we discover more of this amazing world we meet many new characters and discover surprising facts about characters we have already met and thought we knew. Meeting these new characters adds to the story in unexpected ways and really helps create the plot and atmosphere needed. We also follow most of the characters we have gotten to know and love in books 1 & 2. Since we really do know these characters at this point it means that the ending works perfectly and makes me tear up everytime I think about it. You understamd all characters and while it may not be what you want you know it is right which is all we want.
 
I absolutely loved this book and I could not put it down! We learned so much more, there were battles, plot twists and characters who I love and wanted to know the fate of. It is the perfect conclusion to the series and I truly do think that it couldn’t have been done more perfectly for all of these characters. Deka goes through so much in this series and while you can see she struggles, as do her friends and those around her she is also trying her hardest to do what needs to be done even if it’s not what she wishes could happen. 

Overall I love this series and I highly recommend it for YA fantasy fans. I knew this was going to be 5 stars from the first chapter and I am so glad to have been able to finish this series and love it so much. I cannot wait to see what comes next from Namina Forna. 

Comments

My Most Read Reviews

As Good As Dead short review

The Gossip Games book review

Fire by Kristen Cashore Book Review