The Treehouse Library & The Last Bookwanderer joint review

 


I would review these two separately but I read them too close together that they blended together in my brain and I now can’t separate them but I did have a great time bingeing them. 


These two books are the last in the Pages & Co. series by Anna James. I have previously read the first four and I loved them all so I had high hopes for the ending of this series because I did not want it to end on a low note with how much the series means to me and how good the previous books were. 


This series follows Tilly Pages and her friends as they discover bookwandering and save it from people who are putting it at harm. 


I don't read a lot of Middle Grade any more but when I do I always seem to really enjoy it and this series reminds me exactly why I love reading from this age range. It's adventurous, magical, has battles in it, and great friendships. I have recommended this series to so many in my personal life and I won't stop now I've completed it. I love sharing the love for these books especially since of a friend hadn't let me borrow the first book off of her I wouldn't have known about it at all. 


One of my favourite things I love about this series is the characters. At the start of the series we are mainly following Tilly and that evolves so that by the time we get to these books we could follow many different characters. The Treehouse Library pretty much fully follows Milo who we get introduced to part way through the series but then The Last Bookwanderer follows many of the friends. 


I love Tilly and her friends so much, they are a fantastic bunch and always there for eachother. I also love the adults in this story, maybe it's because they all love books but especially Tilly's grandparents who are there through it all. I like that quite a few of them do have their families discussed or have a stable home life because quite often in Middle Grade families are brushed over or dead. 


The whole concept of bookwandering is something I really wish that I had the ability to do because it sounds fantastic. The magic in these books is really interesting to read about and the plot ALWAYS sucks me in. 


I really highly recommend this series, I think it might even be my go to Middle Grade series recommendation, and I hope if you pick it up you love it just as much. A five star series all the way. 

Comments

My Most Read Reviews

As Good As Dead short review

Fire by Kristen Cashore Book Review

The Gossip Games book review