Cursed Crowns book review



 I met Katherine Webber at Edinburgh Book Festival in August (amazing person who was right about how much I should look forward to what happens in this book)and read Twin Crowns at the end of the month so I was ready to know what would happen next.

Cursed Crowns leads on pretty much immediately after Twin Crowns ends and keeps up that fast pace throughout the book. I can’t say much about the plot without spoiling Twin Crowns but for the majority of the book Wren and Rose are split up going down different paths and making different discoveries. We meet new characters and make some massive discoveries about some who we already knew. I was in no way let down by this book which I am very grateful for. 


I have devoured both these books and need to know how the story will end. There were many parts of this I loved including the world, characters and romance. While Wren and Rose are very different and do tend to go about things differently, I love how much they are starting to mean to eachother and watching the bond between them develop. 


Both of the main romance stories are ones I’m invested in and there’s one I feel quite confident about where as with the other one, I’m really hoping everything works out in Burning Crowns because I love it but it doesn’t feel like we have any guarantees yet. 


We met new characters and discovered new places over the course of this book too. I love Lei Fan but I can’t say the same about all of her family. Along with those twists and what they likely mean. While my sister may have spoiled some for me she did not take away from the enjoyment of reading those last 100 pages. 


So many things are currently going on meaning that I have lots of questions for book 3 and high hopes. 


I am obsessed with this series and desperate to know how it will end. A UKYA series I won’t stop recommending anytime soon.

Comments

My Most Read Reviews

As Good As Dead short review

Fire by Kristen Cashore Book Review

The Gossip Games book review