The Man Who Died Twice book review

 


The Man Who Died Twice by Richard Osman is the second book in The Thursday Murder Club series in which Elizabeth receives a letter from someone she has a long history with and needs help from her. Together the Thursday Murder Club go on the hunt for a killer and hope to find diamonds on the way too. 


I really enjoyed book 1 in the series and since reading it I have been looking forward to continuing on with the series and reading about these characters solving more mysteries. I don’t necessarily read them for absolutely thrilling mysteries, instead to follow the characters and enjoy my time with them along with the writing which I have been really enjoying. 


Over the course of the book we get to spend significantly more time with characters who we have already met and get to know them better, this included Elizabeth, Joyce, Ron and Ibrahim from the Thursday Murder Club and Chris, Donna and Bogdan who were all involved in the first mystery that we saw in book 1. I enjoyed getting to learn more about these characters particularly Elizabeth’s secretive past. I really like these characters and at this point think I will take any chance I get to read more about them. 


Something I like about the mysteries in this series is that the murder (in this case) isn’t always overly predictable, however once it is revealed it makes sense and things line up so you can tell that this has been built in from the start. In this case it was really cool to see all the different mysteries and threads that were scattered throughout the book line up and even when you read a chapter and it didn’t seem to line up to the rest of the story until we got to the things were things connected and that was a cool thing to read. 


Overall this book just made me excited to get to book 3 and continue to read more about the characters that I am starting to really love reading about. It has also made me excited about reading We Solve Murders and seeing how Richard Osman approaches something outside of this series with his writing. I laughed in ways I didn’t expect and couldn’t put it down, making it an easy 4.5 star rating.


Comments

My Most Read Reviews

As Good As Dead short review

The Girl in Question book review

The Gossip Games book review