The Dolls House at Wifell Farm book review

 


This is such a nostalgic, cute read that I couldn't put down and loved flying through. It reminded me of so many books and films I loved growing up and it is one I will definitely be gifting to young girls I know that can love it in the way I loved Rainbow Magic growing up. 


The Dolls House at Winfell Farm follows Laura’s dolls after she moves away to university and the dolls get moved to the attic, where they meet one of Laura’s other old toys and have to learn the importance of friendship, working together and standing up for what they believe is important. 


While this is written for a certain audience of children around the age of 7 I think that it can be read and enjoyed by those of all ages that enjoy a good story and want to be taken back to the magic of their childhood. 


I was hooked from early on wanting to know where Dani would take everything and how it would all end. I grew to really love the dolls and all of their different characters and personalities, I never got them mixed up or forgot who was who which is something that with this many characters could easily happen but Emma wrote it well and made them all distinct enough and everyone felt key for the story. Along with being able to tell all the dolls apart we felt the characters emotions which is something that I am growing to love with Emma’s writing. 


There were times that I would have liked it if something else had happened however it felt perfectly written for the target audience and everything surrounding the villain was explained and shows why these things aren't good which is exactly what you want from a book aimed at young children. 


A book that I would highly recommend for those wanting to feel childhood nostalgia and with children around 7 who love to read books. I will be buying this for family friend’s children in the years to come definitely. 


Comments

My Most Read Reviews

As Good As Dead short review

The Girl in Question book review

The Gossip Games book review